Hey Everyone! Over the holidays I was trying to find some delicious side dishes and came across a Cranberry Orange Quinoa Salad recipe from Family Spice. I took the mint out of the recipe, which did not help at all. My family was not a fan and neither was I. So I adjusted the recipe a bit, enjoy and always feel free to adjust it to taste. Most of the following is directly from Family Spice with the changes I made.
1 cup quinoa
2 cup water
2 large leaves of kale
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp orange zest, grater
6 small oranges
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup pomegranate arils
1. Rinse quinoa with water.
2. Bring 2 cups of water to boil.
3. When water is boiling, transfer rinsed quinoa and return to boil.
4. Cover, reduce heat to low and continue to cook until the water is gone and quinoa is cooked. (About 10-15 minutes).
5. Wash kale, remove stems and finely chop.
6. When quinoa is finished, transfer to a mixing bowl and mix with chopped kale. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
7. Stir orange zet, honey, and extra virgin olive oil with quinoa.
8. Peel and coarsely chop oranges.
9.When quinoa is completely cooled, gently stir in oranges, walnuts, and pomegranate arils.
10. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe is easy to make, takes about 20 minutes for prep & cook total, about 10 minutes to cool, and serves 8.