This recipe is a great light side for a summer lunch or dinner. Plain greek yogurt is used as a lower fat substitute for sour cream, that still provides the same taste and texture as sour cream. For a thick salad, 1-4% greek yogurt can be used, but it’s best to use 0% especially for individuals requiring a lower cholesterol diet.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes +30 minutes to chill
Makes 4 C, Serves 4 (1 C each)
- 2 large burpless cucumbers (or 4 short)
- 1 T fresh dill
- ½ plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- Peel cucumbers and cut in halves. Slice thin and place in a bowl.
- Add dill, lemon juice, salt, ground pepper and greek yogurt.
- Toss salad with a spatula, chill for 30 minutes and serve.