This Freekah Risotto is a small but thick dish to enjoy on a crisp cool day for dinner.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add 1 cup Freekah. Cook 20 min or until softens.
- In a saute pan, saute mushrooms and red onions w/ 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- When Freekah softens, mix in chicken stock.
- Mix parmesan cheese w/Freekah. Add mixed greens to saute pan for ~1-2 min until tender.
- Mix sauteed vegetables into Freekah.
- Serve and top w/chopped leeks
- 1 C Dried Freekah
- 1 tsp chicken stock
- 2 C sliced mushrooms
- 1 C chopped mixed greens
- 2 Tbsp chopped leeks
- 2 tbsp chopped red onions
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese; more for extra thickness