This pumpkin muffin recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth and your autumn pumpkin craze.
1 3/4 C flour
1 1/4 C granulated sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp pumpkin spice
2 large eggs
15 oz pumpkin puree (or 1 can)
1/2 C melted butter
1 T milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 oz. cream cheese
1/3 C sliced almonds (or any other type of nut)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine flour, 1 C sugar, brown sugar, spices, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl mix beaten eggs, pumpkin puree, melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix. This will create a thick mixture. Make sure there are no clumps in mixture.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, fill muffin tin about 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 min or until golden brown.
6. In another bowl, mix cream cheese and 1/4 C sugar until creamy.
7. When muffins are done baking, cool for about 10-15 min. Using a muffin corer, cut out the core of the muffin. Using a spoon or knife, fill core with cream cheese mixture to the surface. Dip top in sliced almonds for a nice garnish.
8. Enjoy! These muffins are best fresh while still somewhat warm but can be enjoyed at a later time if refrigerated.