This is an easy apple cinnamon recipe that serves one. For a ready-to-go meal you can easily prepare the apples the night before and microwave them the next morning. I like to cook an apple or two for the week so I can easily mix them with my oatmeal in the morning.
- 1/2 C dry oatmeal
- 1/2 granny smith apple (although pictured is macintosh)
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 C boiling water (more or less depending on type of oatmeal)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Cut apple into small cubes. Line sautee pan with olive oil, turn to medium heat, then add apple cubes. Stir frequently until all sides are golden brown.
2. While apples are cooking bring water to a boil. Add 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon and 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar to dry oatmeal. Then add boiling water and stir.
3. When apples are golden brown and tender on all sides, lower flame to low heat. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar and ground cinnamon on apples. Stir until apples are coated and sugar is melted. Be careful not to burn sugar.
4. Top oatmeal with apples and you’re done! Wasn’t that easy?