Total Time: 20m
- 2, 15oz. can black beans (drain & rinse very well)
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder (even better if dark cocoa powder!)
- 1 cup quick oats (40g)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1.5 T vanilla extra
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Drain & rinse black beans very well. Then blend in food processor. I suggest to make sure beans are completely smooth before blending with anything else to make sure there are no bean chunks in your brownies.
- Add all other ingredients, except the chocolate chips, to the food processor and blend.
- Stir in most of the chocolate chips. Then pour mixture into a greased, 9×12 pan.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top. Baked brownies 15-18 minutes. Then let cool for about 5-10 minutes before cutting. *Note, if they still look a bit undercooked, leave them out to cool or put them in the fridge for about an hour. *
The brownies are best served fresh when they are super gooey 🙂 You really can’t compare their texture to any other type of brownie! I love watching the surprise on people’s face when they realize what these brownies are really made of.