Spring, summer, winter, fall, this recipe is for them all! Although cowboy caviar dominates in summer, this is a great dish to simply always make. It can be served as a salsa, added to a salad, on top of grilled chicken, in a wrap, in tacos, as a bruscetta (or actual caviar ;] ), oh the possibilities are endless!
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 lb roma tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black-eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz) corn, drained & rinsed
- 2 limes
- 2 C olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- In a bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, and salt.
- Add tomatoes, peas, beans, corn, red onion, and peppers. Gently stir and toss.
- Mix in cilantro. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
How do I add That Certain Touch to this cowboy caviar? It’s all about the lime & cilantro from me. If you haven’t already noticed from my posts, when I have an opportunity to use cilantro and lime, I really use it. Be sure to squeeze out all the lime juice you can from the lime & finely chop the cilantro so it’s flavors will be more prominent.