Looking for something refreshing to sip by your pool this summer? This watermelon spritzer is everything you need. No added sugars or syrup, this watermelon spritzer is great by itself (or if you’re looking for something special, a great mixed-drink base). It’s super easy too!
- 1/4 Watermelon
- 1 Cucumber
- Seltzer, chilled
- 1 Lime
- Chill seltzer for at least 3 hours before starting.
- Remove skin & rind from cucumber and watermelon. Cut watermelon into cubes. With a spoon, remove seeds from cucumber.
- Cut 1/2 of cucumber into chunks (for puree), and the other 1/2 into slices (for garnish).
- In a food processor, combine watermelon and cucumber chunks. Puree. Then add juice from lime and mix.
- Fill glasses 1/3 full with watermelon mixture. Then fill rest of glass with seltzer. Add cucumber slices in spritzer or on rim as a nice garnish.
- Serve immediately. (Not good for storing and then serving)
That’s all folks! Wasn’t that easy? I love this spritzer because there is almost no thought required. Plus-the viscosity of the watermelon adds a great texture, but the seltzer evens it out so it’s a light drink.