One batch makes about 12 standard size muffins- or in my house, 6 (haha).
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
6 T unsalted butter
1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
2 large eggs 1 1/3 cups pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Then, either grease or line a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time to cream mixture. Then add pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until it is combined.
- Fill muffin cups with batter until they are 3/4 cup full. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds sparingly on top of batter.
- Bake muffins for about 18-20 minutes, or until a tester comes out with few crumbs. Then cool pumpkin muffins.
- Eat muffins and be in so much awe that you text all your friends the recipe.
Enjoy your perfect pumpkin muffins!