But hot chocolate is a winter staple for me. I don’t need it daily or even weekly, but when I’m cold to the bone I definitely indulge! That’s why I’M SO LIVID THAT I HAVE NEVER MADE REAL HOT CHOCOLATE BEFORE TODAY. For the first time I ever I made real, hot chocolate. No instant powder. Just shredded chocolate, milk, and spices. And IT. WAS. MAGICAL. Caps and bolded letters totally necessary! It was creamy, it was rich, it was spiced, it was winter.
I’m so enlightened by this experience that I’m thrilled to share this recipe with you, and hope you never buy instant mix again! Serves 2-4
- 3 cups skim or 1% milk
- 5 oz dark shaved/chopped chocolate
- 1 tsp chili pepper powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
1. Heat up milk over medium-low heat.
2. Add chocolate and whisk until melted and combined with milk, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add spices, whisk, and heat for about 1 minute more. Serve immediately.
One response to “Aztec Inspired Hot Chocolate”
[…] Looking for Other Holiday Recipes? Try this Aztec Inspired Hot Cocoa! […]