It’s also incredibly easy to make and the perfect dish to soak up your morning toast.
1 cup full-fat greek yogurt (although 1-2% won’t hurt)
1/2 tsp tahini
1 roasted garlic clove
4 tsp butter
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp turmeric
1/8 tsp cayenne
4 eggs, poached
1 T white vinegar
2 T parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp white wine
handful of mushrooms, sliced
Your choice of toast!
- Mash clove of roasted garlic and mix with 1/2 tsp of salt. (If not roasted, mash with mortar and pestle until it forms a paste). In a medium bowl, mix garlic with the yogurt and tahini. Set aside and let reach room temperature.
- In a small saute pan over medium-heat, melt the butter and add the spices. Stir well and combine. Once butter starts to sizzle, remove from heat and set aside. Try to keep butter warm.
- In another saute pan, warm oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute for about 2 minutes. Then add white wine and sautee until mushrooms turn brown and wine is evaporated.
- Fill a sauce pan with water it let come to boil. Pour in white vinegar. Crack both eggs in two separate bowls. Once water comes to a boil, lower to a slight simmer. With a spoon, create a whirl pool in the water and carefully drop one egg in the center. Do the same with the second egg. Let cook for ~3-5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a piece of paper towel to drain.
- Spoon some butter onto two plates then spread the yogurt on top. Add eggs to each dish, then top with remaining butter, pieces of parsley, and mushrooms.