If you need something to follow, here’s a sample recipe of how I would make butternut squash soup. I 100% recommend experimenting with it at home and adding your favorite vegetables and spices.
1 medium butternut squash
1 cup chicken stock
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1 can coconut milk
2 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel & cut butternut squash into 1″ cubes. If you have difficulty cutting the squash, cover with wax paper and put in microwave for about 5 minutes.
- Toss squash in EVOO and a little salt, pepper, and garlic. Roast at 400 F for about 20-30 minutes until tender.
- When squash is done cooking, let cool until comfortable to touch and puree with food processor or immersion blender.
- In a pot over low heat, warm 2 tbsp of EVOO. Add onions and leeks, and cook until onions are translucent- about 1 minute.
- Add squash puree to pot and mix. Then stir in chicken stock and cook about 2 minutes. Then add coconut milk and curry powder and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.