- 2 lb russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- plain greek yogurt (or light sour cream)
- Prep ingredients above. After mincing red onion, try to drain excess water. You can do this by using a cheese cloth or simply rolling it into a bowl and squeeze between your hands above a bowl. I prefer using my hands.
- Shred potatoes using a box grater or food processor (I prefer food processor). Then squeeze out excess liquid like you did with the onions. **This is important, do not skip**
- In a mixing bowl, add shredded potatoes, onions, eggs, chives, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Heat EVOO in a large skillet. With a spoon, scoop some of the potato mixture and drop in skillet. Flatten with spatula and let cook until crispy, then flip. Takes about 5 minutes. When done, rest on plate lined with paper towel to absorb oil.
- Plate and top with greek yogurt and extra chives.
Plain greek yogurt is a great alternative for sour cream–I promise. I often don’t notice a difference, especially with a few herbs added, such as parsley and chives.