Usually I’m not one for spice but my world changed after trying Aztec Hot Chocolate. Different spices do an amazing job complimenting the natural flavors of chocolate.
…So I rolled my truffles in it! In dark chili pepper…in cinnamon…in paprika… and my favorite… curry! Yes, I rolled chocolate in curry and I will never look back.
- 2 cups shredded chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ~3-4 Tbsp of your favorite spices
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- If not already shredded, shred chocolate in place into a heat safe bowl.
- Pour heavy cream into a small sauce pan and warm to a simmer at medium heat.
- Once simmering, pour cream over chocolate. Let sit for 3 minutes. Then mix heavy cream and chocolate until smooth. If chocolate needs to melt more, warm in microwave in 15 sec intervals.
- Pour chocolate into a lined baking sheet. Do not spread out. Cover with saran wrap and chill in refrigerator for 60-90 minutes until scoopable.
6. Using a small scoop or teaspoon measure, scoop chocolate into balls. Roll in hands if necessary but do it quickly. Then drop into spices, roll, and place on another lined sheet tray. Once done, chill for another 30 minutes.