What is the holiday season without a fresh batch of holiday cranberry sauce cooking on the stove? This cranberry sauce recipe is super quick and easy to make. It makes the perfect addition to and savory holiday dish. And the best part? It’s so easy to throw in the freezer for a later date.
How to Make Holiday Cranberry Sauce
- 1 bag of cranberries (typically 16 oz)
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Orange peels from 1/2 an orange
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Rinse cranberries and add to a medium pot with water. Turn on range to medium heat.
- Stir cranberries regularly, and mash to desired consistency. Once cranberries becomes tender, add sugar and stir until fully dissolved. Then add spices and orange peels and continue to cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- When done, remove cinnamon sticks and mash to desired consistency if needed. Then serve or store in fridge for later.
Looking for Other Holiday Recipes? Try this Aztec Inspired Hot Cocoa!
- Click here to try Aztec Hot Cocoa