Wanting to make your own essential oils without breaking the bank? Typically making essential oils at home can be pretty difficult. They required a large volume of herbs for very little yield. Making essential oils at home became achievable after learning how to extract orange essential oil. Keep reading to learn how to make essential oil from orange peels.
How to Make Essential Oil From Orange Peels
- Orange Peels
You’ll also need a coffee filter or cheese cloth and some glass jars.
- Start with drying out orange peels. Preheat your oven to 200 F and lay out orange peels on a baking sheet. Bake for 2 1/2 hours until orange peels are completely dehydrated.
2. Grind up dehydrated orange peels in a blender or coffee grinder.
3. Pour ground orange peels into a glass jar and add warm vodka. Cover with lid and shake.
4. Leave orange peels in vodka for a two weeks, shaking every few days.
5. After two weeks, strain vodka through a coffee filter or cheese cloth into a clean glass jar. Leave jar open on your counter until vodka completely evaporates. The remaining liquid in the jar will be the essential oil.