I like toast. A lot. Toast is extremely underrated because so many different food combinations can be thrown on toast and still be delicious. As we transition to cool whether, one of my favorite toast combinations is ricotta, kale and mushrooms. It’s savory, has several different textures, and can really hit the spot. Continue reading for this mushroom ricotta toast recipe.
How to Make Mushroom Ricotta Toast
- Loaf of French Bread
- Lacinato Kale
- 1 pint of mushrooms, sliced
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 Onion
- 1/4 cup of white wine (I used moscato)
- Start by adding about 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar to a small pan over very low heat. Keep over low heat until vinegar reduces until about ~1/4 of a cup. To thicken more, you can add a tablespoon or two of sugar. Stir regularly with a wooden spoon, and be careful not to overcook. If vinegar simmers or boils, it will burn very quickly.
- In a separate pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pan and heat it over medium heat. Mince 2 garlic cloves, and finely chop 1/4 of a yellow onion. Add garlic and onion to the pan, and heat until onions are translucent, about 2-5 minutes.
- Wash mushrooms, and add to pan. Then add white wine. Cook until mushrooms are tender and wine has evaporated.
- Wash and dry kale with a towel, and slice into thin strips, about 3/4 inch in width. Add to the pan with mushrooms, and cook lightly until kale is bright green and slightly tender, about 2-5 minutes.
- Cut and toast french bread. Spread ricotta on the toast, then top with the mushroom and kale mixture. Remove balsamic glaze from heat, and drizzle on top with a spoon.
Click the button below to pin this recipe on pinterest.