Kale. It’s bitter, bulky, and too fibrous to chew. Despite its popularity, kale can be quite hard to learn how to love. But I swear a little tender-loving care can take care of kale’s flaws. That’s why I love this simple sauteed kale with lemon and garlic recipe. The salt and lemon juice cut the bitterness, while the garlic adds a sweet and savory taste.
Continue reading to learn how to enjoy kale with this super easy sauteed kale with lemon and garlic.
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 1 Garlic Bulb
- 1/4 Yellow Onion
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Directions for Sauteed Kale
- Rinse bunch of garlic well, and remove it from the stalk. Tear kale leaves into large pieces and place in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour over kale and toss in the bowl until well incorporated. Using tongs will help you toss it well, but nothing works better than your hands :).
- Crush and chop garlic cloves and dice the onion. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saute pan over medium-low heat. Once hot, add garlic and onions. Saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add kale, and saute until tender, about 5-10 minutes. I personally enjoyed sauteing it for only 5 minutes, so it was easier to chew but not soft. Cooking it longer will make it softer and wet, which some people enjoy more. Cooking it too long may result in a bitter taste.
Check Out My Other Kale Recipes By Clicking The Links Below
Massaged Kale Salad : You’ve never had a decent kale salad until you’ve massaged it. Check out my go-to massaged kale salad.
Potato Leek and Kale Soup : This potato leek and kale soup is an easy way to make kale taste both sweet and savory. Cozy up to a bowl of this soup.
Kale Pesto Risotto : You’ll never know risotto again until you’ve tried this kale pesto risotto. Savory, cozy, and full of fun.
Polenta and Kale Stew : Another incredible kale recipe to cozy up to in cool weather.