110% recommend experimenting with this side dish. Pairs well with grilled chicken. Also make sure you wash and cook the swiss chard properly to prevent grittiness 🙂
– 1 bunch of White Swiss Chard
– 2 cups Strawberries
– ½ Vidalia Onion
– ¼ cup Almonds, chopped
– < ¼ cup Goat Cheese
– White Wine
– Olive Oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Wash and chop swiss chard, then blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds. Immediately remove and cool under cold water. Let drain in strainer once cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan. Chop onions and sauté over medium heat until translucent, about 2-5 minutes.
- Wash, hull, and quarter the strawberries. Toss them in the pan and sauté for about a minute. Add swiss chard and two tablespoons of white wine.
- Stir and continue to cook until strawberries have a glazed appearance, about 2 minutes. Serve and top with almonds and goat cheese.