I know what you’re thinking but just stop thinking it. Stop thinking about the sweet maple syrup covered pancakes you’re used to and look at them with a different lens. Imagine a pancake that’s savory, just a little spicy, and truly satisfies every taste bud. This shrimp pancake recipe but Jessica Tong RD will be sure to leave you speechless.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 6-8 shrimp, raw & peeled, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, red bell peppers, scallions, ginger and red peppers flakes.
- In another bowl, mix milk, egg, and sesame oil. Then combine wet and dry ingredients and stir. Mixture should be well combined but will be lumpy.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Drop a spoonful or two of batter into pan and press pieces of raw shrimp into batter. When bottom is fully cooked, flip pancake and cook until batter is fully cooked.
- Serve on plate and top with chopped cilantro
If you try this recipe, let me know! I’d love to hear your feedback. I hope you’ll be a fellow lover of shrimp pancakes!