I’ve absolutely fallen in love with this thai corn chowder recipe. Every week I’m falling more and more in love with the vegetarian dishes in The Moosewood Restaurant Table. I mean, wow, every recipe is truly filled with so much flavor. If you’re looking for delicious, meatless meals, definitely check out this cookbook (or just keep following all the recipes I try of theirs ;] )
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 diced potatoes
- 3 cups veggie stock
- 3 1/2 cups corn kernels (can be frozen)
- 14 oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp chopped basil
- Chopped cilantro
1. In a stock pot, warm vegetable oil. Add onions and cayenne pepper. Cook for a few minutes.
2. Add bell peppers and salt, stir often. Cook until peppers are soft.
3. Add ginger, potatoes, and stock. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook potatoes until they’re tender.
4. Add corn and simmer for about 5 minutes. Then add coconut milk, basil, and lime juice. Then remove from heat.
5. Puree half the chowder with an immersion blender if you’d like. I decided not to, but it’s chef’s choice!
Enjoy your thai corn chowder!