I don’t like kale.
I don’t like jam.
I don’t like wine. (okay, don’t hate me for this one please)
I don’t like garlic.
I don’t like blueberry pie.
I don’t like thumbprint cookies.
Sinful, right? All these things were presented to me, and I simply just thought I don’t like that. Well, since I was required to make such things (massage kale salad, jam, several garlic recipes, blueberry, pie, AND thumbprint cookies) I realized it’s not that I don’t like these things, I’ve just NEVER consumed them the right way! After learning how to consume them the right way, I’m absolutely IN LOVE! (especially with wine).
Last week, we made thumbprint cookies, after I responded yet again with resistance. Naturally after baking I tried one of the cookies, and naturally… it was amazing. I fell in such deep love with these cookies that I made a double batch at home, and have way too much in storage… yikes! Hope ya’ll get to try this!
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 C flour
- 4 T orange rind, grated
- Your choice of fruit preserves/jams
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In a standing mixing, cream butter and white sugar. Once full mixed, add egg yolks and beat.
- Mix in lemon juice, flour, and orange rind.
- Scoop batter into balls and put on baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, dent each cookie, add preserves to dent. Bake for another 8 minutes.